I have two children that are getting ready to read. So, I was super excited when I had the opportunity to download, use, and spend time writing a Phonics Museum App review for the site.
The Phonics Museum App is based on the (award-winning) phonics reading curriculum from Veritas Press. In case you’re not familiar with Veritas Press, the company is a respected, award-winning Classical Education curriculum provider.
The Phonics Museum App is a multi-sensory, interactive App that uses engaging themes, and over 900 games, videos, early reading books, memory songs, exercises, and MORE, to teach kids 3-7, how to read – and how to write too! Even before they’re able to hold a pencil! Wowza! And if that isn’t enough, the App also teaches kids about art, nature, and more. Because it’s multi-sensory, the App works well for all learning styles – visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learners. I think this is especially important for young learners – as it’s good to cover all the bases, in case you don’t yet know which learning style your child favors (or in case you’re incorrect – I admit, I thought one of my kids was an auditory learner….it turns out…that’s not really the case).
The Phonics Museum App is really charming and fun – with wonderful characters, especially Percival (Percy), the walking and talking suit of armor (only kids can see him walking and talking, parents can’t), and Miss Biddle. Miss Biddle is both an animated and a live action character. You can read about the importance of this below.
Want to try the App for free? You can do that. If you like the trial, you don’t have to do anything at all and your membership will automatically continue. There are various subscription options, including:
– Monthly Membership – unlimited access on any device for $9.99 per month. Add up to 3 children per account. Cancel anytime.
– Annual Membership – unlimited access on any device for $99 per year. Add up to 3 children per account. Cancel anytime.
Here are some screen shots – it sure is a cute program and my kids really enjoyed playing!
What did I like about spending time working on the Phonics Museum App Review?
- I LOVE it– no more issues teaching the kids to read – this program pretty much does it ALL!
- My little ones LOVE it – it’s fun and they don’t even seem to know they’re learning to read! They’re just enjoying it (I remember way back when – I didn’t like learning to read at all – I thought it was such a chore).
- My son is learning to write – even though he can’t hold a pencil yet.
- The games and songs are fun, and the graphics are attractive.
- My kids are learning about art – their horizons are being broadened.
- I like that characters are live action and animated.
- I like free trials. And two weeks is long enough to know if you want to purchase. In fact, if I’d canceled after two weeks, I think my littles would have been a bit peeved.
- I also like the membership options. Options are always good.
Did you like this Phonics Museum App Review? Read more of our reviews here: https://dev.howtohomeschool.netreviews
Phonics Museum App Review
- Phonics Museum App Review